After the birth of a newborn, the lifestyles of parents are totally changed. As a new parent that newborn baby becomes your first priority. And have to special take care of your tiny newborn. The special take care? What we can do? What actually mean? There are many questions that circulate in a mind of a new parent. The answer is very simple. It is nothing but personal hygiene.
When it comes to the personal hygiene of your baby, you should have a special awareness of that. For a baby, it is very essential to maintain good hygiene. It is important to keep your newborn baby happy and healthy,
Also, it is good for the immune system of babies. Ensuring good hygiene can safeguard them from a few diseases of the earliest stages.
When we say hygiene, the soaps, shampoo, handwash, facewash, and body wash are the things that play an important role in cleaning. Keep one important thing in your mind, all products should be of good quality and specially designed for your baby’s delicate skin. that is used for the baby’s hygiene.
11 Personal Hygiene Tips for Newborn Babies
It is very important that clean the individual body parts of the baby. We can reduce the risk of illnesses by keeping the baby’s body clean, dry, and fresh. Keep your new baby happy and healthy by applying the following hygiene tips. Before starting you should habit of washing your hands.
- The eyes of babies are exceedingly delicate. We will see here how to clean them.
- Wash your hands with hand wash and dry them
- Take a tiny cotton ball and dipped it in warm water and cooled it.
- Gently wipe your baby’s eyes starting from the inner corner to the outer corner slowly.
- Do not use the same cotton ball for both eyes use a new cotton ball to clean another eye.
- It is essential to clean the baby’s ears daily. Use the following way to clean them.
- Use a soft cotton ball and moisten it with lukewarm water.
- Clean only the outer part of the eat to avoid the formation of wax plugs.
- The outer part of the nose of baby can be cleaned with the help of a warm clean cloth. If the nose is blocked with mucus, then you can use saline water to clean the internal part.
- Make a small cotton tube or roll, moist with saline water, and then gently insert it into one nostril. Do the same process for another nostril also. Use another cotton for that.
- You should wash your baby’s face 4 to 5 times a day.
- Gently clean behind the ears and nose while washing.
- You can use a simple soft cotton cloth or baby wipes to clean your baby’s face. Also, you can use cleansing milk and then rinse with normal or warm water.
- It is not necessary to wash the baby’s hair daily. It is enough to wash 2 to 5 times a week. Use the following steps to wash your baby’s hair.
- The first thing is you should always use a mild shampoo or body wash to wash the baby’s hair.
- Massage the scalp gently after applying shampoo.
- While rinsing, ensure that soapy water doesn’t get into the baby’s sensitive eyes. But accidentally the soapy water enters their eyes, then immediately you rinse their eyes with water or wipe them with a moist cotton cloth.
- After washing dry their hair gently with a baby soft dry towel. Put coconut oil on their scalp and comb their hair with a soft brush.
- Trimming your baby’s nails is also a part of hygiene. It is essential to trim the baby’s nails three to 4 times a month. But it is a very hard task to cut the baby’s nails easily.
- Use a special baby scissor or a nail cutter to trim the baby’s nails.
- You can easily trim them after a bath because, after a bath, the baby’s nails be softened. And another easy option is that trim the nails when the baby is asleep.
- Diaper-changing is also a part of the baby’s personal hygiene as above. While diaper changing, you must clean the bottom area carefully with baby wipes or you can use a normal soft-washed cotton cloth.
- Gently dry the baby’s skin and apply a baby rash cream before putting it on his diaper.
- After completing this process, keep your baby in a safe place and wash your hands with handwash or a normal soap.
8. Umbilical cord
- After a baby’s birth, it is very essential to take good care of your baby’s umbilical cord until it falls off, it takes time to fall off. Usually, it falls off by itself in one week or 10 days. Here are several precautions that require taking care of the umbilical cord.
- Disinfect it with a soft cotton pad or sterile gauze pad moistened with an antiseptic that is safe for the baby’s delicate skin. And then dry it with a soft towel or cotton pad.
- Most babies have a habit to put their hands in their mouths regularly. If their hands are dirty it may chance to enter the dirt in their mouth and they may get infected.
- Use a washcloth moisten with warm water or wet wipes to remove dirt from the baby’s hands.
- To clean your baby’s hands, you should always keep baby wipes with you whether you are going for a walk or an outside trip or picnic, or when having a snack or food item in the car.
- At starting, babies have no teeth, but still, you have to take care of their gums. After every feeding or especially after your baby has started eating liquid food, clean their gums by wrapping a damp washcloth with the help of the index finger.
- Use a soft-bristled baby toothbrush once their tooth develops after six or eight months. Do not use toothpaste.
11. Genitals Caring:
For baby girls, you can use a wet cotton ball to clean the labia which is the surrounding area of the vagina.
For baby boys, gently rinse the genital area with normal or warm water at the time of bathing.